Thursday, January 20, 2005

Unrelated Title: Money Can't Sing and Dance

Again and Again, pull up a chair. I'm hyped up on Coffee Bean coffee. In the beginning of this little journal I did an entry on my morning commute, as it has changed a bit I think I'll do another one.
My initial alarm sounds at 6:25, this signals the start of "cuddle time" I know, it's sick, but really I'm like that. "Cuddle time" end abruptly at 6:55. I am fucked for about a minute as a lay there wondering what the fuck that beeping is. Generally the beeping is accompanied by a very harsh meow, this pulls me into the land of the sentient. I usually grab a dirty pair of jeans and pull them on, followed by a frantic search for a shirt. Then it's over to the sock cabinet, I always wonder why I don't put them on before my jeans, when it's easy. Into the bathroom to brush my teeth and avoid looking in the mirror. I generally put on some form of anti-smell product.
It should be noted that since I awake at such a god-horrible hour, I as a practice try and shower the night before. My hair doesn't bother me like it used to, so rather than "brush it" I "trust it", this has really elevated my relationship with my hair, we are pals, we get along.
Through out this mess the cat Henry has been meowing and going head first-kamikaze-style into my legs and any solid object around, meowing and purring, because he mistakenly believes that being cute gets him fed sooner. As a principal I make him wait until I've prepared myself before I give him the heroin (kitty food) that he really wants. After I feed Henry I kiss the person who is covered by a pillow goodbye and head out the door. It is generally 7:02 when I hit the door.
The bus schedule has changed, rather than strolling by as a 217 at the leisure filled time of 7:12, a limited stops 317 zooms by anytime between 7:05 and 7:06.5 . If I am fast I am on it, If I am not, I have a wait of anywhere from 5 minutes to 25 minutes. It should also be noted that my bus stop has changed, since I'm knocking down the time schedule... I now catch the bus at the intersection of Fairfax and Santa Monica.
If I do catch the bastard who drives the 317, I ride with him to La Brea and Hollywood Blvd., from there I walk briskly to the new Coffee Bean at Hollywood and Orange. The coffee ads a wonderful dimension to my morning, rather than sleep on the train, which I will do with out it, I'll stay awake and drink my beverage, and watch everyone else make stupid faces in their sleep.
I made some poor food choices yesterday, and enjoyed them a great deal. I did though go for a 2 mile walk on my 30 minute lunch break, and a 2.5 mile run n the evening. I also practiced my guitar for over an hour. I am a good human, I deserve a treat.

No comments: