Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Huge in Canada

Devin popped online with a nice IM this morning. Apparently we are being played on the radio in Canada!! Two tracks from our recent single, The Incomparable White Six, including the titular track and the first b-side, Calendar Girl, are in rotation. It is a weird good feeling, not only did we write these songs, but I produced them, in our fucking apartment, with no money at all... Sha La La...

Last night was easy. Amy had a focus group in Encino, I walked a few miles down Ventura Blvd., fun times. I stopped at the Ultra-Legendary Sherman Oaks Gallaria. I walked around and marveled at the beauty of all humanity, converging in one spot, a gateway to the great beyond!! Not really, but I'm jaffy. I did walk through it just cause, and I read some of HST's Hey, Rube, and some of Kurdt's Journals. The Kurdt stuff just sinks me, the guy always got under my being, like he did a lot of people. He ticked a lot like other kids, he was just really lucky and super unfortunate, skizzied with an ear/eye/mind for the brilliant. Fucking head trips.

The weekend was a couple easy pieces. Sunday Karaoke, like footloose, fighting for the right to keep James and Ginny's Convicted at Bananas... Such a fucked up slant, that stupid as bar should be groveling, but instead they are up up up in the air.

Saturday, Voices from the Tsunami... Woah. If we can win over that crowd in our current state of band being we are seriously riding a high and beautiful wave, it picked us up a few songs into our set in Kansas City, and is buoying us on, hopefully into some heavy and great recording... up into some better gigs and more radio, I get a sense that we all need to learn to hold on, fuck if we do and fucked if we don't... Fear and Loathing in America. Watch your back, the people that scratch it get have access your wallet. Fingers are sticky, and clear, they leave no marks that can be seen, only little felt tip pin pricks... okay....

No comments: