Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ho Hummer

I have Peni5 written on my hand. Luckily I was not Wasted last night so I remember how it got there. Devin and I went to inspect a venue we are playing at next week, The Live Jazz Cafe, in Downtown La. It is rather neato, kind of tiny but we like that sort of thing. The promoter was good, he recognized us from our pictures, which is a decent trait in a promoter, at least it proves they look at the bands they book. Anyway, my had says Peni5 because they write it on your hand at the door, which I think is a pretty funny thing to do to someone.
We were fortunate because we were able to kill 2 bands with one show last night, ours by checking out the venue, and Dusty Rhodes and the River Band, by attending their show. Dusty Rhodes is a band we played with at the cat club last year, I think they were 12, but they got heart and it comes through when they play. They have actually improved a great deal since the last time we saw them. I like to see a band that is so young doing something so well. And I'm a sucker for their songs.
Tonight I believe I will get to do some work on the album and that I will be allowed to sleep well and long. I look forward to this.

No comments: