Friday, January 14, 2005

Back at Cha

Another Friday is upon me, I am filled with fresh scent of Friday, it seeps deep into my nostrils, flaring them with rich minty flavors of weekend... Not really, but sort of. I'm rather indifferent about today, I'm sort of sleepy. The weekend is filling up already. I hate plans, they are such a drag.
"Be here at such and such, such and such" It's such rubbish.
Amy and I are going to come clean my place of work for extra cash tomorrow, that is a bummer, but we are broke, so you do what you do, and hope it's enough. After that we have a gig, a Tsunami relief thing, kind of like Band Aid, only at a slutty lesbian bar. How odd is that going to be? We are also scheduled to take a new group photo, rather like a family portrait, for promotional use. I am okay with the photo idea though, because I've shed 15 pounds in the past Eleven days...oh shallow me...
Last night was fun for the most part. I left work and headed to Pit Fire Pizza, which I used to love, as of late they have grown very cheesy cheap with everything, cutting happy hour times, haggling and nonsense... eesh. After a short while I was joined by Amy, then Daddy Wild, then Devin. After dinner we walked up the street to amp rehearsal studio, where we used to always practice. Amp was bad, they caught a case of the cheesy cheaps also, it made me yearn for Satellite Studios and George. We were off in rehearsal, I would find it then lose it, lose it then find it. Arghy. The rehearsal of our newest song, Static Cling, did not go so great, we had some issues with the pattern sequence length, and a I had a hard time finding my part in the midst of Devin's new one, I 'm sure he had similar problems with mine.
Afterwards we tried to go to "Here" but it was not too be.
I got a note from an old friend who is going to be in Las Vegas next month and wants to see me. Are old friends, friends? I started writing a song around that theme, or looping through that them. Maybe I'll be nice and bust a little lyric:
"concrete slab suggestion and I'm weathering the strorm calling in old favors and hoping somebody owes me one old friends ain't friends they got a different name and you can't predict how they'll behave with a passing smile a hug or a hey a vow of love or a punch in the face... oh me...oh me and my memories"

1 comment:

downtown said...

a smattering of comments, Buckie quotes included (you're welcome)

Buckie says: "Back At Cha"
DT asks: Who's this "Cha" cha-cha-[Chia] character? Buckie got back. L.A. face with a Oakland bootie.

B: kind of like Band Aid, only at a slutty lesbian bar.
DT: I'm a slut (although currently involuntarily non-practicing), a lesbian (duh), and a big flaming drunk (double duh).
Where is this shangri-LA-bar of which you speak?
Tell me it's not the Palms. It's the Palms, isn't it.
sidebar: boy-bars have better names than girl-bars.
Motherlode, Spike, That Tropical-Tiki-Themed Place Right By Mickey's...
What we got? The Palms, the Normandie Room, That Restaurant On LaBrea Where I Got Super Wasted Last March? (sorry, Amy...)
My dream dyke dive would be called The Dental Dam.

B: Maybe I'll be nice and bust a little lyric
DT: You are nice. Thanks for busting.

B's lyric: concrete slab suggestion
DT: Concrete slab walks into a bar.
Says, "Can I get one for the road?"
har!

B: and I'm weathering the strorm calling in old favors and hoping somebody owes me one
DT: I owe you more than one. But can you wait til the 1st of the month? I'm strapped right now, and not in a fun way.

B: old friends ain't friends
DT: if I'm old, then owwie.

B: and you can't predict how they'll behave
DT: you got me there

B: with a passing smile a hug or a hey a vow of love or a punch in the face
DT: hugs and vows come and go, but you never forget a punch in the face.
Don't you forget about me.

xoxo,
DT