Friday, April 20, 2007

Paradise Awaits, I'm underwater

We had a good rain this morning in North Hollywood as you can see. It was nice, I was tired so it the grey matched my sleepy feeling. This puddle, a spare yawn and few good clouds are all that remain. The forecast is for more, and I have a feeling the rain will be coming back, and I'm fine with that because I've spent most of my afternoon thinking about going back, all the way back home, to my very first home in Paradise, Kansas.
This time next month Devin, Dylan, Amy and I will all travel back to Kansas to pat my wee sister Adrienne on the back. My wee sister isn't so wee anymore, but when we all hop in that car after our arrival in Kansas City next month and drive west to Paradise I will be able to remember her as a I first came to know her. A little person full of spirit and often ridiculous amounts of joy. Always up for any silly make-believe game you could play. Dad's workshop could be a gas station, or the recliner in the living room a hair dresser's chair (Tammy, your 3 O'clock is here). Some days you just want to put on a slip and a t-shirt and hula hoop on the front walk.
I'm looking forward to reliving a lot of those memories, but more than that I'm looking forward to making some new ones.

Adrienne told me yesterday that she was feeling stressed because she hasn't found a job yet. She's not done with finals. A new life for her is coming up fast, she will find a great job and she'll be great at it. She will add a wealth of new experiences to her already wonderful herstory, and I look forward to being a part of as many of them as I can.

Don't be in such a hurry to get to the next part of your life Adrienne, I want to see you again as a student, and help you celebrate your achievements and your being.

Sometimes it doesn't rain for months, then one day you find your parking lot full of water. The future is in the future, Paradise awaits.

3 comments:

Scarlet said...

That was nice...you have a wonderful way with words! I hope you enjoy every moment of your time here.

Enneirda said...

What is with everyone writing blogs that make me cry these days!? Sheesh! Thanks, though, Big Bro. You really do have a way with words!! Love you!

Devin Tait said...

Brandon, this blog is very well written, one of your most poetic and meaningful. I am so happy that we will all be making this pilgrimage next month!