Monday, April 02, 2007

It's the Pitz


Friday I left work a bit early, waited half an hour for a bus while I watched the Hollywood Hills burn and smoke. It was rather bizarre, the Helicopters were dropping water, and I was able to watch from about 2 miles away, and we all just for the most part went about our day.

After arriving Amy and I took my brake less van into the shop to make it stop. The people at the repair shop love Amy and her pink hair, so I felt good about dumping a van that doesn't stop into their laps.

I rushed home after the shop and started to gather the equipment that makes our band make noise. I decided since we were to play outside that we'd need to be loaded for bear, which means I had to make many steps down the stairs carrying heavy items! I enjoy that part almost as much as I enjoy carrying those same items up those same stairs many hours later and much less excited. I do it for the love.

Amy and I then drove across town to pick up Von, our guide for the drive. It took about an hour to get across Hollywood to Von's and then down to the 101. Traffic was sux, but could have been much more so. We hit the 10 just after 6:00 and soon traffic opened up, destination, Pitzer College.

We had been contracted to play an event by Von's girlfriend, and SG cinematographer Jessica Lawless. We were all super stocked to pull up to the campus, to see the house who's porch would serve as our stage. I borrowed this picture from wikipedia, but I did it with love:




The place had a wonderful feel and nice rustic quality. The students were all super kind in helping out and setting up sound, even providing wonderful Vegan food, and you know it had to be good if it were Vegan and I still enjoyed it. Tofuud all around.

Our set went without hitch and with great audience participation. I even notice people trying to sing along. That was pretty cool. Weather it was the cold, the beer or the band the people were dancing, and that just makes me feel good.

A good time had by all.

Saturday when Amy and I crawled out of bed around 2 we had messages from Angie and Marc that a trip to El Coyote was in store. We picked up the van, Devin and Marc were soon on our way. The van was in perfect working order, the Food was delicious and we all had a great time.

Afterwards we went back to Devin and Dylan's, where we watched his few clips on the new Addams Family DVD. Devin has been pretty hard on himself about his appearance, and for no reason at all, he provided several good comments and looked pretty darn good doing it. Hats off Bro. Hopefully he will blog about it soon, and save me the trouble of further explanation. hint hint.

We then headed over to the special store on Vine, where many pretty things can be purchased, such as this butterfly hat which I passed on. We did get some nice rings and jewlery for Amy's face.

Saturday Night we had a party at our apartment, it was a rather low key affair but it did manage to stretch into the wee morning hours. Amy eventually ended up cuddling with noon, and all was good.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Does Amy or Dylan blog? and if so, may i have their blogsite?