Wednesday, April 18, 2007

More than Zero


Check the Odometer, Zeros And Ones. A central theme of the brand new Nine Inch Nails album, "The Year Zero". I'm just this second listening to the last dying notes of the album, as played from start to finish and I must say I'm thrilled stunned and more than a bit confused. The thematic content of the record is very strong, and at times not very easy to deal with when its taken as a back drop to the violent times we are being so frequently reminded that we live in.
There is beauty hidden under the layers of distortion and rapid not runs and slides. The active panning is massive. I get the feeling that square wave synths and smooth wave synths represent different sides of an essential conflict on this record. WOW. I'm pretty stunned free of coherent thought. I like.

No comments: