Thursday, April 12, 2007

Dischief Roundup & Re-occurring Dreaming


Here is a photo taken through the window of Mel's Diner on Sunset. I'm using it because I had it in my phone and it seemed like a pretty way to start this post.

Last night was good. Devin and Marc came over. We worked on a new song called "Trance Ego", it's a very electro type tune. I'll work on it some more tonight while Amy is off getting a massage and Devin is busy seeing Grindhouse. The Tune was originally called "Dischievious", which gives this round up post it's name. It might in the end be called "Trance Libido"

Yesterday at work was good too, I managed to tackle a few things I haven't yet been able to tackle, leaves me feeling good about today.

I've been having a strange re-occurring dream, which I have been reluctant to type here, because it's odd and it might get me branded an enemy combatant. So let me state this again, this is a dream I had, not like the kind of dream you have where you envision yourself one day doing what you've always wanted to do, but as in "I was asleep and played no real conscious part in the movie my mind was showing me, dream"
Here is what happens in this Re-occurring dream:
It's only a dream:
I'm living with my brother in a small town with a family that is not our actual family. We are apparently back in High School of some kind, but we seem to be the age we are today. We have a mother who is not our real mother, and a sister who is not our real sister, and a grandmother who is nothing like either of our real grandmothers. Grandma is running the show, we are a family of guerrilla revolutionaries and we have a major beef with the government (Again, this is a dream, I love government). We live on a quiet residential street, it's tree lined and green. There is an elementary school at one end of our street a block or so down. The only odd part of the school is that there is a large 2 story McDonald's in the front of it.
The dream begins with some casual planning and what not around the house, but it's mainly what I consider dream exposition, but it really starts every time when I pull my old Mazda Mx3 into a parking space across the corner from the school, and promptly lock the doors and walk away. I walk causally back home and wait for what I know is coming.
The Car soon explodes, it's amazingly loud. Once I had the dream in a fairly lucid state, in that I was aware that it was a dream but I wasn't in control of the events, in that version I was also wondering if the explosion would sound right or not, thinking there was no way that a dream could pull that off, but it does, it's HUGE and loud and sounds like what I might imagine a car bomb sounds like.
Debris flies everywhere. The MacShack is pretty well toast but I'm happy to know the school is fine. I'm sure the children in my dream are rather scared, but non of them are harmed, I'm still a nice guy even when I'm having a strange violent dream.
Soon the block is covered by police and and fire trucks, soon there after major media vans.
Sometimes the dream ends because the explosion wakes me up. Odder still about this dreams re-occurrence is that when I fall back asleep I usually fall back into the same dream, in the correct time line. If the explosion wakes me, I will fall back in post explosion in the aftermath.
The aftermath always has the family circling the wagons, preparing for the onslaught of investigation we know is to follow. In the meantime we can't be bothered to stop our anti-government ways. We are planning more attacks. The last part of the dream is always Devin coming back in the house saying he was pulled over with some type of explosive in his trunk and that they have impounded his car but set him free. After this my memory of what happens either fades or I wake up.
The last time I had this dream I woke up when Devin botched the explosive transport job but when I fell back asleep I entered the dream again, only this time before the explosion and instead of from my point of view, it was from my pretend sister's POV, who was a plant inside the actual McDonald's. Why she was planted there I'm not sure, but she is an employee and she had a safe zone in the restaurant where we had calculated she would be safe during the explosion. I am not actually her in this version of the dream but I'm observing as if invisible and elevated above her, but sometimes I'm seeing her direct perspective.
In this part it begins with her taking orders in a very busy rush. At one point in the middle of taking an order at the register she looks at her watch and then excuses herself to the back room. She positions herself behind a large cement wall with a sink and waits... BOOM! She sees fire rip through the ceiling and all sorts of holes appear in the walls around her. She is relaxed and confident she will not be hurt. Then the dream faded for a bit and I pick up my memory of it a bit later in the street.
A young man is coming home to the chaos on his block to find his house and his neighbor's house are completely destroyed. I get the feeling he is in a band and he's upset that all their equipment is gone. End Dream.
I've had this dream at least 5 times, all different versions combined and I'm closer to 10. I don't know that it means anything. I think it reflects what's going on in the world and that's just sad. I chose to chronicle the dream here because I don't want to have it anymore, I'm hoping that works. Why do the good ones never re-occur?
I don't want to end this round up post on such an ugly note so I've provided this picture that I snapped of the historic "The Lotus" apartment building in west Hollywood. It's just below Sky Bar on La Cienega Blvd..** I'm not sure why it is an historic building but I think it has something to do with the Gardens surrounding it. I tried googling it with very little luck. I snapped the picture on our way to eat at Mel's and isn't this where we came in?



**Did you know La Cienega was built to 1940's freeway standards as part of the never completed Laurel Canyon Freeway which would have extended the 170 freeway south passed the 101 over the hill and smack through West Hollywood. How that would have changed things around here.

No comments: