Thursday, May 27, 2010

Twelve And Thirteen

Runyon Canyon again on Tuesday. Drill circuit on the tennis court broken up by a loop run of the bottom section of the east hill. We shared the court with what a appeared to be a hearing impaired trainee and a trainer versed in sign language. There seemed to be much more general chatting going on between these two then working out. I was jealous. It reminded me of living briefly in Olathe, KS, home to the Kansas School for the Deaf. I always enjoyed passing a vehicle to see the occupants conversing in sign, keeping a wide berth in these situations in recommended.

Plummer Park last night was a battle. I felt a bit bad about the way I ate during the day and decided I would take it out on myself at boot camp. It seemed to me other people in our group were stepping it up as well. With each workout it is starting to feel like the time goes by a little faster, so I feel more confident in giving each exercise my all. When we finished last night I felt accomplished and spent. Really proud too.

I missed Devin and Dylan at boot camp. When I got to my truck at the end of the workout I saw I had a message from my dad. He was letting me know that they were all together and thinking of me. I gave him a call and heard the sound of many familiar voices talking at once. I felt a deep longing to see everyone there.

No comments: