Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day Two Down

Boot Camp was good at Runyon Canyon last night. Robin is good and gently nudging a person to push themselves. We ran the stairs section 3 times last night fast and then we did a longer run from the stairs to one of the peaks to end the day. I felt great the first time up. Robin ran right next to me and forced me to hit all the steps; some of them are a good 2.5 feet off the ground and hitting them uphill on a run feels like the steeplechase. "Come on Brandon, with those long legs you should be hitting every stair." When I got to the top Robin gave me a high five and sent me right back down. It was fun to see all the other guys struggling up the hill while I was going down. The second trip up was already feeling a bit tougher, but I still made it at a nice clip. The third trip was killing me, luckily there was heavy traffic on the bottom stairs that forced me to slow up a bit. I got to the top and back down with some time to spare after the third trip, waiting for the others to finish so I had a nice stretch and tried to catch my breath. The fourth trip was killer, Robin attempted to motivate me to keep pace with him on the long climb but there was no chance of that happening, I watched him cruise up the hill and finally out of view behind a bend. I was thinking about the Iron Man event he will be doing in a few months and trying to comprehend the type of physical conditioning that must take. It's honestly amazing. Swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 and finishing that up with a 26 mile run. Jesus.

When I arrived home Angela was at Rebecca and Loren's place preparing for a BBQ. I showered quickly and joined them. Rebecca grilled Shrimp, Mushrooms, Corn and Garlic Cheese Bread. Angela made a fantastic salad to boot. It was the most amazing meal, I could have easily eaten the entire thing I was so hungry.

I feel pretty sore today but I'm enthused. I get older every day and one day my body won't be able to participate in these types of shenanigans. I am enjoying this feeling.

No comments: