Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Pre boot camp snack

Just received a call from devin that he won't be home for a while before boot camp. This leaves me with a bit of time to kill. I've stopped at an overlook park along mulholland drive to eat an apple, banana and a cereal bar. Its pretty here. When I used to live in west hollywood I would occasionally stop here and have a cigar on my way home. I was frantic then and I didn't take time to really enjoy those moments. Instead there was something subversive about stopping on my way home to smoke a cigar when I knew my ex was waiting. Back then I wouldn't have taken so much time away from being degenerate to do a boot camp. This feels nice though, it sunny and there is a breeze. Angela the kind supportive doll that she is packed my snack and told me I could eat it whenever but that it would be smart to save it until late afternoon. She is cute like that, understands that I eat
compulsively and then regret it. Today i am glad I listened.

Its nice to sit here and not be in any hurry. It was easy to think that I was going to be losing precious time doing this boot camp, that somehow not getting home right at 530 was going to cut into my life. Today though I see that its a blessing. I miss seeing angela after a long day at work, but its not like she's away on holiday or I'm off to the army. Its good that I'm doing something different, it leads to moments like this. Where I spend 5 minutes typing on a tiny phone instead of eating my food and enjoying this view. ;)

No comments: