Tuesday, May 25, 2010

9, 10, 11

Boot Camp continues. I was up late late late last Wednesday, which made boot camp on Thursday in Runyon Canyon a chore. I pushed myself as much as one could push, but it was a difficult journey. Last Friday was a circuit work out in the park. We used large exercise balls at the first station. We placed them under out feet and supported our upper bodies by our arms in a push up position, then rolling our feet forward on the ball towards our middles, this greatly worked our abdomens. we were to perform this exercise for a minute and then move on to the next. The next station required us to swing 25 pound weights directly in front of us using a thrust motion with out hips. Then on to a couple of matts where we did v-up ab lifts passing a soccer ball from our feet to our hands and then back. We did each station with a teammate. Devin did not attend since he had to get ready for boot camp, so Dylan and I were a team. The next stop had two mats on the ground facing each other, we were to do these strange push ups which require a person to drop to an elbow one arm at a time, and then back up, at the top of the cycle we were required to give our partner a hand slap five. At the next station we then did sit ups with a medicine ball above our heads, passing it to our partner in the middle at the end of each sit up, he would then take the ball and do one while I did one empty handed. Then we moved to the retaining wall by the tennis court where we would do tricep presses with our feet out in front of us. Next it was to a set of rubber training bands where we would perform curls. Finally the circuit would end with wall sits and calf raises. We did the circle twice for a minute each and a third time for a minute and a half. Hard work of course, but at least a bit of variety.

Yesterday found us back in the park for the third Monday in a row. Many of our people were unable to attend. I am now official the only member with perfect attendance. I felt stronger for the first time in the park work outs. Two days off over the weekend helped and I felt more capable. I'm trying to remember as many exercises as I can because this has been great for my body. I would like to continue my own personal boot camp in Griffith park after this one is complete. It will be nice to go directly from work and stop on my way home rather than spending so much time in West Hollywood waiting for it to begin. It has been very nice though spending so much more time with Devin and Dylan. I'm bummed that they will be heading to Kansas and Canada in the coming weeks and will not be there to hang with.

Only one more Monday remains.

No comments: