Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Some Odd 5

That year 2005 is now over, I do not regret having been a part of it, but I do question many decisions which I made during the course of it, or rather I question the decisions that I didn't make, the times where I allowed myself to be carried along without proper thought to what I might be doing instead. That's okay though, I need to go a little past the edge of the darknesses on occasion if only then to get a little better idea why it's important not to move there. That said I feel better today. I have occasion once again to look back upon an entire year of my life and realize that regardless of some silly actions my life did improve.
I am now surrounded by a great family of friends, and I feel looked after by them. I feel comfortable in being most all aspects of myself in front of them, as I hope they feel with me.
I appreciate them, and they deserve it.
I had a good year of experience to boot.
Traveling to Hawaii with Amy because she is lucky, and by proxy I am lucky also. It was really nice, it was like Amy and I lived like normal people and were allowed to take a vacation. We of course though are not really normal people, so upon our arrival we proceeded to be rather nutty butterflies, making many new friends and spreading good love all around the island.
SG had a long year. Playing the Folsom Street fair and San Diego Pride provided nice road trips with the band, as well as playing club Spatuland and enjoying it to the fullest.
We had some live show fiascos again, such as this horrible little show in Long Beach and the greatest exploding nightmare of a show that didn't even show up at Arena in Hollywood. Hopefully from this we took a way a big lesson, and we know we have the guts to go through it, so in the future we can now exhibit the brain power not to.
FREE ALONGSIDE SHIP is finished.
What a process... This online collections of rambling thoughts and post markers is filled with the progression and regression of this record. From the groundbreaking to the finishing touches. Now it's only a matter of days until I can cast my gaze upon it and realize that we did it. I really owe a much larger blog to this accomplishment, and I'll do that when the time comes.
The Ladyslipper single, packaged well in dedication to my dear Grandmother Strecker. So many wonderful things came out of completing that project, the beginning of SG's relationship with Hoagie Hill, our first national magazine coverage, a great review in Frontiers and many other strange oddities.
This year also found me discovering much more about what there is to really love and appreciate about the city in which I live from wonderful parks to a rich and odd history.
Finding Wattles Garden park was a wonderful treat this year, as well as Greystone Mansion Park and Franklin Canyon Park.
I Also had the good fortune this year of meeting a Web Hero of mine, Scott Michaels of Findadeath.com, his tour Dearly Departed helped to further enrich my love of this city and the strange and bizarre people who have over the years called it home.
Due to more luck of the Amy I was also allowed to finally catch a glimpse of one of my long standing Heros, Mr. Rob Dickinson, as he performed for a silly crowd at the Beverly Hills Friar's Club.
I also made some new heros in 2005, Stan Ridgeway, Stanley Crawford and surely several other people who are not named Stan.
Anyway, I'm not the type to be real thorough about all of this so I'm going to let it go at that, let's keep it together in 2006 Buckaroo...

No comments: