Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Metaphorical Files Baked In Cakes of Letters: Edition 5

Buck At Cha Hoodles, It's a good day, I'm feeling okay by most all standards. I slept well last night and woke up feeling much better for it. How are you sleeping these days? I would like to know about bed time in the pen. I'd tell you more about my own but I doubt it would measure up. And now back to my weekend round up. I believe I left off some place Saturday afternoon, we were lounging with the cats after Famima!! In fact. The focus of the rest our day was a small dinner party in the evening at Devin and Dylan's apartment. The dinner was scheduled in celebration of the completion of our album. The guests of mention were Hoagie and Kim, the fabulous fellow who mixed/mastered/sweetened/guided our album, and his wonderfully enthusiastic girlfriend. Also Yvonne and Jessica attended, since Yvonne's work graced the cover and her voice/composition graced the song Grady. Before I get to far I'll mention that Hoagie has actually managed to discover this little Online record that you and I have been ever so active in communicating through these last Two years (you are still the only reader to comment more than twice miss Wipp). I mention that because I'm now aware that other folks can actually dig this up if they happen to look/lurk... I also mention it because I am now speaking about someone who just may happen to read it so I thought I'd say Hi! And I didn't want to confuse you anymore than my general rambling technique will. Tee Hee! So our dinner party was designed as a chance to sit down with Hoagie and have a bit of leisurely conversation about all the things we were to time crunched to speak about while actually working on the album. The plan was that Devin would cook and we'd all sit around and shoot some shit and let Hoagie meet Yvonne, the only person involved in the musically part of the album that he'd not yet met. Devin prepared a delicious if not bizarre assortment of food to eat. Amy made Two of wonderful Salads. Dylan attempted to make white chocolate castles but the white chocolate mortar proved and un workable material, therefore he chose to offer ice cream without the elaborate architecture. The evening was rather nice and people were allowed to flitter about as they do in these situations, but ultimately I don't feel that we got to properly decompress from our creative process. It all seemed to be a bit distracted, but then this is coming from me, who will spend a year making an album and then two years trying to grasp it all and talking about it. I think there is some convolution here, I'm writing you this letter, that I figure Hoagie will see, so I took a moment to let him know that I'm not finished talking by any means. You only get this kind of strange multiple use reporting here in the blogsphere. Which reminds me while I'm off point and not in a hurry to get back, isn't it funny that blogger.com's spell checker will always consider the word blog or any variation of the word to be a not in fact a word at all thus forth a mis-spelled word? It actually suggest to you the writer at blogger.com that perhaps you meant to write the word bloc, rather than the non-word blog.
Sunday Amy and I slept even later than Saturday waking to go have a little picnic in WeHo park. The Air was a bit chilly as it was already near evening when we got round to our out door public eating. The kids swarmed about the playground oblivious to the growing length of the shadows casts by swing sets and tornado slides. As if to remind a person that they are still in Los Angeles all the children were attractive, their clothing while causal was obviously not cheap, and just in case you still didn't remember where you were there was a token celebrity playing with his children. (the guy who played the drug dealer in the movie "Go!", who now play Seth bullock in deadwood.)
We ate packaged Sushi and Sandwiches.
After our meal we returned to our apartment. Amy fell asleep on the couch. I read from my book, one I mentioned yesterday. I was content for the next hour and a half.
Dylan rang us up around 6:30 to see if we wanted to join he and Devin in going out to a movie. We did. The film was to be Match Point, a new Woody Alan movie. We met the Boys at the recently overhauled Century City Plaza. By the time we found the theater in the new mess and actually took our seats the theater was full, forcing us to the second row from the screen, instant headache section. Amy and I didn't make it through even the first preview before deciding we would not waste 10 dollars each for sore eyes and throbbing heads.
We switched out tickets to Brokeback Mountain, which I would tell you all about, except if I'm certain my brother has already more than informed you regarding this ground breaking gay cowboy love story. I will say that I found it moving and beautiful, and yes, I cried a bit.
Brandon

No comments: