Thursday, January 12, 2006

Metaphorical Files Baked In Cakes of Letters: Edition 6

Ho Hum

Hi Carrie.
How are you today? I'm getting along pretty fair. I'm a bit tuckered out as it's about 9 am here and I've only had one cup of coffee. I'm going to this second stop typing and go and have myself another one. Okay, I have a full cup of hot java lava, this should help. I don't recall ever seeing you drink coffee. Do you drink coffee? Do that have coffee in the house of corrections? Why do they call it that? What do you think about them calling it that?
I have a neat coffee cup. Amy's niece and Nephew gave it to me for Christmas. It would scare me that I'm at the point in life where young people give me coffee cups except for the fact that this one is really rather nifty. It's a nice bright blue color, just a little to deep of blue to be light blue, but really falling well short of dark blue. It has a plastic rim and handle which feels nice and smooth on my mouth and across my chapped lips. The Inside and bottom are of the same smooth plastic as the rim and handle. The main body of the cup on the outside is made of rubber, the kind that is almost sticky when you pass your fingers along it. The real great feature of this cup though is that it has the letters B-r-a-n-d-o-n across it. It actually appears on the cup twice. The letters are big and puffy, also very rubber in nature, but they actually appear to be more advanced than simple rubber. Think puffy paint with some real substance to it. Above and below the word "Brandon" are oblong dots, none of them larger in diameter than a #2 pencil. The dots are all of different colors, some are orange, some are green, and some are yellow. Starting from the left of the the handle there is a bright yellow B with a small slate blue star in the lower left hand corner. The star has five points. All around the bright yellow B is a thin bit of raised rubber, bright orange in color. The Next letter, a lower case "r" is bright orange. The "r" is outlined by the very same slate blue color which stands out nicely as the five pointed star in the lower left hand corner of the letter "B". If your following me on this dazzling cup exploration than you are no doubt ready to hear what color the letter "a" is. The letter "a" is a rather brilliant Green, outlined by the very same orange which covers the perimeter of the "B" and makes up the body of the "r". The effect of the two letters on either side of the orange "r" being outlined by that same orange color is rather effective. The first "n" we come to shares the bright yellow of the letter "B". Surrounding this bright Yellow "n" is the color purple. Next up we have "d". The artist for this particular cup really took a chance with the letter "d", because it's partial missing. The purple outline of the bright Yellow "n" actually smashes into the body of the "d". The "d" is bright red, outlined with the same green that made up the "a". I stress though that at the point where the "n" and "d" meet there is only the purple outline of the "n" and no green outline of the "d". On account of these letters sitting nearly on top of one another on the cup they have been left to share the same outline. The "o" which happens next is also smushed into the "d", however this time the "d" gets to retain it's outline, while the "o" is forced to share. The "o" has the same coloration as the outline of the "r" and the small star on the "B". The final "n" is orange, with a nice red outline. The "o " is also infringing upon the territory of the final "n". It is possible that the divine creator of this cup did not plan very well for fitting the letters on the cup, due to the fact that in the first half there is no bunching up of letters, but there is to an increasing degree at the end. It could also be that this effect was intended, in order to make the cup appear to be accelerating. This tight overlapping grouping of the final letters might be saying, this cup is speeding up, and so are you.
The second time the word "Brandon" appears on the cup the color patterns are all different, yet the layout is the same. This would give some credence to the notion that the grand statement of the cup lies in the way the letters are placed.

I'm now on my third cup of coffee. The cup is still the same. What do you think the message of the cup really is?

I've now pulled from my pocket a Lottery ticket which I purchased last night. It's a Super Lotto Ticket. Amy picked the first group of numbers, they are. 04 11 17 20 35 with a mega of 02. I picked the second group of numbers 06 26 28 38 47 with a Mega of 22. I'm not minimizing this blogger.com window in order to open a new one which I'll use to obtain the winning numbers from last nights contest.
And the winning numbers are:
6
24
25
36
43

with a MEGA number of
17

Dismal.
Today will not be my day to live the joy of the lottery winner.

Devin has just sent me an instant message that I have an email interview in my in box which I must go and fill out. When the interview is printed I'll send you a copy. I hope that I did not use all my patients and wit describing my coffee cup. Surely not!
I hope all is well for you. Hope my letters are finding you happy and peaceful, knee deep in gay for the stay ladies. If you can't tell I'm obsessed with saying "gay for the stay". I work it into conversations all day long. The 7-11 employee was a little put off by it last night when I bought this losing lotto ticket.
Bye for a while,
Brandon

No comments: