Friday, January 20, 2006

For a Record: 2


Here is an email Exchange between Devin and I. At the time we were recording the Incomparable White Six Single. The email makes reference to recording Demos for Free Alongside Ship. I'm really being shelf indulgent.


From: Brandon
To: Devin@shittingglitter.com

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:08 AM
Subject: Re: hello
I felt a little off in rehearsal last night, until the very end. It was hard getting my amp to sound good after playing through the marshal in the other room. I guess it's good to get to rehearse w/ my own amp. if we rehearse at all next week i guess we should just do a two hour in sound arena.
That one song we were jaming on sounded awesome! were you able to hear what i was playing? did you like it?
I lost the email wehre you sent me the track list you had in mind for F.A.S. could you send the list again? I have an idea on how to demo the songs. I think we should just go up to amp or maybe sattelite on a saturday when we have all the songs programmed. We'll need to make sure it is in a place that has a board with sends on all the channels. I'll take the fx send out from each of the vocal mics, the keyboard and the drum machine, maybe i will also use the headphone jack from the korg. then i'll just mic my amp and put up the condenser to get a room sound. i guess it would also be good to run some stuff through the bass amp and mic it as well. then we can just do the whole album in one afternoon, provided that we've rehearsed it plenty. badda badda bing then the deom stage is done, and we move on to the preproduction on the big sheets where we look at what we can add and if anything isn't working. amy & you could also over dub vocals if you feel inclined, but the demo's would mainly be for us and whoever we wish to have produce it.

From: Subject:Re: helloDate:Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:05:30 -0700I thought you sounded fine last night.The plan sounds great for recording. I'm excited to do it. I need to get my flute fixed though!I liked the new song. I liked what you were playing.

No comments: