Monday, January 09, 2006

Metaphorical Files Baked In Cakes of Letters: Edition 3

In Lieu of Productivity

Hey there tiny turbo,
I almost didn't get a chance to dash anything down today on account of work being just a bit overwhelming, but then I had a moment to consider and I realized that this week last year I blogged everyday! What a lot to live up too? I noticed the previous years achievement last week on a low motivated glance backward at my personal history and decided then and there that I'd try and pull the same feat this year. Then I got to thinking about starting and it just felt strange blogging for my own wicked senses when your senses are maybe a bit deprived. I basically came to the conclusion that I might as well just blog to you if I'm going to blog, then I can send it off your way and give you a little envelope of goody in your mail box and leave me a little record of it so I know what the hell your replying to when you reply. Sounds solid to me anyway.
This weekend was a good one. Friday night Amy and I went to MJ's with Dylan, Devin was occupied delivering grocery items so he was unable to join. It was actually a little too much man on man action for our short attention spans. We ended up kicking it back at D & D's watching a dvd of "The Dick Cavett Show". It was rather interesting, we watched one with David Bowie recorded in like 1974. Bowie was so obviously snorting blow just moments before the interview, he did some serious sniffling and fidgeting. It was a bizarre spectacle. And maybe not really that pertinent to my blog letter but I included it because I thought it was going to lead to a more startling revelation about the way in which television has changed... Obviously it didn't inspire that in this author today. Let's mark it down as an issue that may require further meditation and conversation. Maybe you want to expound on it in your letter and have me include it here? I figure you have a unique perspective on the whole t.v. thing, maybe you could run me through the role of television for today's modern ward of the state?
Saturday was nice. We slept till 1:30 or so, then went and had some breakfast at this rad Japanese Deli/Quick Mart called Famima!!, that is by the way their double exclamation, I may be free and lose with one such mark of punctuation but I abhor use of the double. I once chose not to date a girl due to here absurd use of the double exclamation mark. Seriously, this girl ended every sentence that way. Example:
Hi Brandon!! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I've been really busy!! Your email was really funny!! I laughed the whole time I read it!! What have you been up to?! I bet lot's of fun stuff!! Well I Don't have much to say just wanted to respond to your email!! Bye for now!!

UG!! Annoying huh?

Getting back to Famima!! I think now maybe I told you about it in another letter but I can't be certain. Amy wrote a nifty blog about it a while back, here is how she put it:

Friday, November 11, 2005
famished? Current mood: flirty
ladies and queens, we announce the opening of the newest hotspot west of hollywood. FAMIMA!! has become a shitting glitter hangout, and it does not carry alcohol.! so, why, you ask yourself, would shitting glitter be even remotely interested in such an establishment? panini, and i don't mean just any panini schmamimi. there is a fab selection of assorted samiches (my kiddie pronunciation i used from ages 2-5), with cheese varieties such as havarti, cream and swiss, with various meat/fish choices; smashed down and left with skid marks.. it is un.. UN real. you need pocky? well search no more. they have one for men only. i recommend the tomato flavor... you like green tea cake? did you know it existed? wanna strawberry marshmallow by hellokitty with jelly filling? a water in a bottle shaped like a weird ice cube? bento box you say? awesome journals, pens, stationary candles. fountain soda, god bless ya. all of the froo froo drinkies we are accustomed to from whole foods. very friendly grill happy staff. upscale candy section, shiney magazine section. some huge dumpling thing in the steamy box on the counter that resembles a potsticker; shiney donuts on the counter too, in their very own case; howzabout coffee at a very reasonable price and quite delish (just ask marc). howzabout marc being walking distance and always willing to leave whatever he is doing to come meet at famima!!? these are a few of my favorite things....apparently the japanese have been onto this whole upscale market thingy for some time; they are sharing with us, and all i can say is Arigato gozaimasu.
http://www.famima-usa.com

Wow!! Good stuff huh?!
(I'm descending rapidly into cheeky here)

After our little meal at the double exclaimed Japanese 7-11 we headed home for a little social time with Henry and Arthur. Henry and Arthur both told me to tell you hello. Henry also wanted you to know that he got a couple of rather impressive gifts for Christmas. The first one, from my boss Craig, is a self scooping litter box which Orange kitty Henry just adores. Nothing in Henry's world is as precious as defiling clean fresh cat sand and with this knew electric contraption that is exactly what he gets, everytime. Arthur on the other hand has not cottoned to it at all. Arthur's taken to making yellow in the bath tub and dropping brown directly in front of the toilet in lieu of the new box (I tried for a great long time to work the use of lieu into the ultimate pun but it all turned out terribly ham fisted). The second great gift was from Amy and I, it's small remote controlled mouse named Benny. Truth be told I enjoy it more than they do. I like to drive it in between Tur Tur's legs when he walks. It surprises him every time and he jumps 3 feet into the air and lands with that priceless blank expression we've come to know and love from him.

I was going to recap the whole weekend for you today but I really found myself a bit side tracked so I'll save the rest of the goodies for tomorrow's edition. I hope your holding up okay, and enjoying some gay for the stay action. I love you dearly and eagerly a wait your next missive.
Brandon Buckie

No comments: