Wednesday, January 18, 2006

For A Record : Part One

From: Devin@shittingglitter.com
To: brandon@shittingglitter.com
Subject: out of curiosity...
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003
which song would you want to be the lead single from "Free Alongside Ship" if it would have a professional video made for it? Don't get too excited yet, I just have an idea and I wanted to see what song you think would be best suited as the lead single... I would lean towards "Backyard Wildlife," or "RSO" even though they aren't done yet... but I like "Slut Buffet" if it ever ends up really rocking... but I don't know if it should be one from the EP or not. What do you think?


In mining my email boxes I came across the above email, from Devin to Me. It appears to be the first mention I have on record of the Free Alongside Ship title, but it's obvious from the email that It had been discussed and settled on before this. I know for certain the title can't be much older than this email, I presume it came to us sometime in Late October of 2003, Possibly though as early as September.

We actually came across the title during a random romp through the dictionary, one very late night. It was the same night Amy came up with the basic melody/lyrical idea for The Incomparable White Six.
The above email from Devin actual comes before the completion of Sexy Clown Circus. I guess we were planning ahead for this album a bit.

The song Backyard Wildlife mentioned above has still not been completed, It's seen many different revisions to the music, and an attempt or two on the lyrics. RSO would have been very new at the time of this email also, perhaps a week or two old.

No comments: