Friday, July 22, 2005

retro pinocchio

i got tight on the welding mask
make it blurry to even look at it
just the sun surrounded outline, all far and deep,
the keeper of the kingdom rest his fist upon the key

stock the zipper up the high line
pull the end up to the leash
nabbing all the dots around me, singing
set aside and down to splash fish against the sheep

retro pinocchio
grow your own nose
tell them like I told you so

okay flash light in the eye
go a head and make my promise
I'll stand up and take your black mark, you got it?
i have your time in mind

1 comment:

downtown said...

This poem/lyric immediately reminded me of some torture/ interrogation devices used by Saddam's regime. I hope you don't take any offense to that. It's very intense and evocative.

This site below is kinda righty-tighty, but check the 3rd picture from the top. NOT for the feint of heart!
http://www.littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=11842