Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Usual Programming

I'm back again in the same day! It has been a while since I've done a double, but I really feel like impressing Jason and padding the stats, perhaps pushing my document to 100 oddly spaced pages. I am rubbing my hands together.
I have had a pretty nice morning so far. I was ultra on time which allowed me the luxury of a non-fat milk cappuccino at the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on Hollywood Blvd. I slowly drank my beverage and strolled around the deserted structure at Hollywood and Highland for about 10 minutes before I had to sink down into the underground an catch my train. My legs felt a little stiff as walked, because I have been running, yet another fact I bring up just so I can feel cool in front of Jason, who is probably also running on occasion.
I know what some of you are thinking, who oh who is this Jason and why does he get italics. He is a guy, and he gets Italics because he's my guy! And don't you wish you knew what I meant by that?
Actually Jason and I go way back, let me slip you back in time, to a simpler place...
Highschool... Jason used to live across the alley from my family, he lived there with his family, as most semi well adjusted white people from the middlewest tend to do in high school. I say that not to say people of other pigments don't' do that, just to mainly point out that we were all very white in that town, which I of course do not think is a good thing.
I never really knew Jason in any sense when he lived behind me, in fact, I do believe I only saw him mow the lawn a couple times, which is probably more than he could say for me, I was not much of a lawn mower.
It was not until after my family moved to a new home, on the street that sat next to the alley opposite Jason's family home that we became the fast friends that we became.
It was absurd things like running and music that brought us together, and even stranger things like running in the country in the middle of the night that kept us that way.
To be specific about our bonding it really all began one fine night, after one of the last cross country meets of my freshmen year. After the long bus ride home a serious of events that not even I recall led us to hang out. We went to a park near our High School, Jason had grown up in the neighborhood surrounding the park, thus Jason was privy to a bit of secret information about this very park, the location of some super hidden hideout in a dark and scary drainage tunnel. We climbed deep inside, and once inside it was pretty well sealed, deep underground, we got on and we still get on, but sadly, due to the fact that we are both married or sort of entwined, we don't get it on.
Yes, from there on in our time in Hays were was tight, we was a very small click. We ignored the people in the back seat of our cars, we rolled down the windows and we sang loud. We agreed, a lot.
I learned to read and dig it because of Jason. I learned to say "Dig It" from the man. My parents revoked my curfew due to Jason's bite sized charms, and for that alone the guy gets my gratuity. We really discovered some things together, things so varied and far reaching that you can only call them things. Just let it be said that it was great, and good, and all those things that it should be.
It all still is, not as overtly active, it's not even regular in true physical sense, but it's always there, and deep, I like it, I like those things, it's a big part and I am counting that blessing.

No comments: