Wednesday, June 15, 2005

All I have to do is Dream a little Dream

Strange dreams last night as I drifted in the ether, all related to Shitting Glitter. The first dream found Devin, Amy and I all sitting around on a bed, up for apparently several days and full of many illicit substances. I believe this dream was set in the future...
As we sat there totally incapable of making much sense our record company came to our door. They were not very happy with us but they seemed a little bit scared to be mean. It kind of felt like being in a Day Care. They wanted answers on our new album, they brought out a huge chalk board and wanted to write out a tentative track list. I got out my notebook and tried to help. I was so fucked up, I was astonished to find that there were not many songs ready to go, I was panicked. I got the feeling we were way past due on the project we owed them and that they were not going to take anymore shit from us about it. I was making up song titles on the spot for them. I then drifted on.
The next dream took place around an out of town rehearsal. I recall driving south with Dylan and Amy, realizing that Devin was not going to be there at all. Also that we had no keyboards or drum machines. I dropped them off and went to get something to keep the beat. Upon returning to the car I noticed the door was open and that my amp had been removed. Just then a man with a gun came back for my guitar. I was pissed. He pointed the gun at me and made clear his intention of keeping my guitar. As luck would have it, I had the number for the sheriff of West Hollywood programmed into my cell phone, while the man pointed the gun at me I called it. He was not scared when he thought I was dialing 911, but when he heard me speak to the WeHo sheriff he totally freaked and split, leaving behind my equipment. I got to hand it to our local sheriff, they pull some weight. I missed the entire rehearsal.
The third dream had our band on stage setting up for a show. We were late and we did not care. We were all talking and mingling with each other while the crowd looked on expecting us to do something. Finally everyone was ready except for me, I looked around for my gear and realized I didn't have it all. I ended up just rigging something and calling it good. I remember being excited to hear what it would sound like but something woke me up.

No comments: