Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A Shamful Thing

I didn't do enough. I didn't work the phone banks and I didn't knock on doors. I Apologize to everyone who now can't marry the person they love. I didn't do enough.

I have an unclean dirty feeling today. I want to be celebrating our national victory but it's so much more an empty feeling than I could imagine.

It's a sad day for California. It won't last. Human beings will get past this, we are already so close. You can't continue to have immoral laws. We've learned this time and time again. This petty hatred is no match. History will judge the fear that has prompted this absurd action. This won't even make sense to our people in 50 years, the real kick though is that it doesn't even make sense now, it never has.

I'm sorry.

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

I understand what you are feeling and I appreciate it but don't feel bad that you didn't do enough. There is so much blame going around right now that it's sick, but it's all part of the grieving process. I am doing it myself but trying to move on. The important thing is that the margin was so close that it proves that people are progressing, since Prop 22 was won 62% to 39% just 8 years ago. I think the way to go is to get the state out of the marriage business altogether. Churches should be doing marriages, not the state. In showing their hatred and bigotry, the right wing and the mormons may have just shot themselves in the foot.