Friday, November 14, 2008

My Uncle Unknown... To Me


Pictured above, left to Right, My Mother, My Uncle Randy & My Aunt Sharon.

I don't know where this picture was taken, from the land scape and the time frame though I would have to say it was taken outside of Natoma, Kansas. The Hand writting here that was scanned in along with picture is that of my Cousin's Great-Grandmother, Ada. Ada marks the year as 1966, the kodak stamp on the front though is Aug 1965, which I don't think actually has anything to do with when the picture was taken or developed.


This picture is sad, because as you can tell from the writing on the back Randy died shortly after it was taken. He drown in a lake outside of Natoma.

I have always been curious about Randy. I've seen only a handful of pictures and from my Mom and Ronnie I've learned various bits about his character. He seemed to be a great little guy.

There is no way for me to really understand what his life meant nor what his passing took. I can only take a look at his brother and sisters that survived and imagine what could have been.

I can't fathom the idea of losing one of my siblings. They are such a part of me that I would never feel whole again.

I love Sharon's Children and Ronnies daughter greatly, to think that perhaps there could be another family of children like them, that would have been something.

No comments: