Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Brandon 500

This is the 500th post. Some of my posts barely count and others are epic. I say that my blogs average 223 words. Interesting math huh? I just made it up.

Today I started something. I started writing a novel, or perhaps a novella. I haven't figured that out. It's loosely based on the event of my life the summer I graduated from high school. Is it a young mans coming of age story? Perhaps... Is it a story of drunken juvenile behavior? Most likely.

I don't know why I have always wanted to write about that summer, or why I decided this week to do it now.

I don't know that I'll finish it, or that I'll get very far. I certainly have my doubts about weather it will be any good but I've started it.

I'm already having some difficulty in deciding how based on real life it will be. 10 years after the fact it can't be based to greatly on reality. The characters will be similar to some of the people in them, but they won't be so familiar after all this time. I will certain take many liberties with myself.

It's exciting none the less and it gives me something to think about, as if I ever had a shortage of that.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

Ha ha! Am I going to be a character in the book? I don't really remember too much about the summer you graduated... where was I living at the time?

Scarlet said...

I can't wait to read your manuscript!