Sunday, November 16, 2008

The red light glow

The fires all around LA have given the light an odd quality today. There is a slight red tint to everything, and a faint smell of smoke.
I'm sitting outside in front of our apartment next to a small fountain that bubbles softly. I can hear three different televisions coming from neighboring apartments. I cannot make out a word from a warble.
I'm sore today. I worked at my bosses house yesterday. She had a storage shed that needed to be emptied. I moved the entire contents of the shed into the house and the garage. I lifted crate upon crate up a ladder and into a loft type area. I am sore today but it feels nice.
One of the televisions around me has now made itself distinct. I hear the play by play of a football game but I have no idea whose playing. especially at this hour.
My two favorite neighbors just returned. They allowed their doggie out to come say hello. It was very nice.
Last night we went to the drive-in. We saw role models and I slept through a good part of hellboy 2. The movie was good but I was beat. Normally Angela falls asleep at the drive-in.
Off I go.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Enjoyed the pic of your apartment! Caity was excellent in her role as Madame de la Grande Bouche/Wardrobe in the musical Beauty and the Beast! So glad we got to go.