Monday, November 17, 2008

Funny Circles

Sometimes when I'm missing me I go read in my blog about what I was doing or thinking during this time of year in a previous year. It's a good exercise. It allows me to remember what a fool I am capable of being and it also allows me to recognize progress. It's like those helpful telephone poles on the side of a road. Except for when you go crashing into one as I have done in the past, then they are not so helpful... Forgive me, I've run on.
Today I went back to 2005 and was happy to find that I had blogged on the 17th of November that year. I always enjoy reading a post from exactly the same day in a year past. This particular one was funny to me. It was entitled "Some Words on Words and Reading"
I still pretty much believe what I believed on that day about this particular subject and I don't have much more to report, except my little stab at book clubs. Oh my me, would you believe I have come so far as to now be a member of a book club? In it's defense it's a very small book club. We are currently reading Raymond Chandlers "The Long Goodbye". I'm only a chapter in, having just picked it up yesterday but I like it very much already.
This blog also made me really want to find another copy of "The Wind in the Willows" to take Kansas City with me.
Yes, I'm going to Kansas City in December and I'm so frickin' excited I can hardly stand it. I can't even begin to make these little digital letters tell you how much it warms the heart to think about a holiday with my family. I am so grateful to have my family, truly my life has been blessed.
perhaps some year coming I will look back on this little blog and be reminded of this feeling when I really need it. How about that?

Thanks to Adrienne for the picture of royal. He was travelin' with the family on the way to see Caity perform in her high school musical. I can't wait to meet this little guy.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

You are going to LOVE Royal!!! He's the best dog ever, and I'm not just being biased! (ha ha!)

Scarlet said...

But we have decided he is part Beagle! Wait until you hear him bay!