Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Grass Stains

I have been workign on compiling the lost S no S album "Albino Elephant". It's been going really well. I've discovered some tracks I thought were long lost that I'm glad to have back. Last night I made a discovery of a totally different kind. I found a track that I didn't even remember making. I recall writing the instrumental part, and making a Demo of it for Shitting Glitter, but what I don't recall was writing lyrics and recording a vocal to it. The song is called Grass Stain, and even for S no S it's odd. I was happy to make the discovery though, since it makes at least one S no S recording that I did at the Orange Grove address, which is otherwise a big black hole where I got to create none of my own music. The track needs some work, but I think I will try and do it and see if it flows because it would be nice to have on the album. I have noticed that some of the other candidates may not be as viable for inclusion as I originally thought.

The project I referred to in the last blog is all about S no S. I'm compiling everything into one big archive, and writing a companion PDF which will include pictures, artwork, lyrics and background story behind a lot of the material. It's exhaustive but I am finding great value in it. It's caused me to go back and really examine what i've done before, my hope is that it will give me a better understanding of where I want to go now.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Sorry I haven't gotten back to editing for you, it may be Sunday before I have time, we are expecting company this weekend. P/T conferences until late tonight, but good luck with your project!