Thursday, April 27, 2006

Saddled not Addled


We were back at work on new album demos last night. Here is Devin just plugging away. Lots of new ideas and concepts in the mix. Also working on a special project for a special gay network. Hoping it works out. I've much to do. I really hope to finish my new York re-cap today. I've been really out of it this week. Trouble sleeping and feeling physically depleted. Today it appears my funk has lifted. This is very good news.

Apparently I have not blogged all week. Slack Ass. The weekend was good, a little exhausting. I didn't sleep but one hot minute Friday night before work. I went directly to work and worked all frickin day. I came home and slept for 20 hot minutes, then loaded up all the heavy band equipment and got dressed for the show in Long Beach. Amy and I drove down, and after getting lost three times finally found where we were headed. UG~! The blue cafe was nice, rather odd to me after being so used to LA venues. We played upstairs in a lounge type room. Of course it was a HUGE long walk up a flight of stairs with amps and heavy things to get there. We played the show which went well I thought. Even dusting off Mechanically Separated Chicken for a request. I was a bit flubbard to not have my Ultimate Overdrive Pedal.. In it's stead I had to use a 20 dollar dan electro piece of shit. Not feeling good to play through.
I handled all the heavy equipment load out after the show as I was in a bit of a hurry to get home. This was not a good Idea. I was dead fucked by the time I got home, and then I still had to carry the whole shit heap up the stairs when I got home. I was so over tired by this point that sleep was just a silly idea. Amy and I ended up talking and hanging out in the neighborhood until the wee hours of the morning, before my body could finally get a grip enough to collapse. We slept until noon or so then headed to Wacky Waffles to lick delicious wounds. That was nice. Afterwards we went home and crawled into a pile of junk food and crumbs, watching bad tv all day, only leaving the house once to go pick Marc and Devin up from a concert at the Roxy.
Sunday was odd once again. We woke up early enough to go do laundry and eat at the French Market prior to leaving for the show in Anaheim. We had already been warned by our booker that the show was a wreck and that no one would be there to watch us. Yeah! Fun. Luckily we had a nice group of friends drive down to join us, take pictures of us and drink some beer with us.
I was more so bothered by the absence of my Pedal at this gig. It was nice to realize I guess, as I'd been wondering if it was any good or if I was just kidding myself about it's importance in my life situation. In all honesty I guess I'm not pleased with the sound of my amp these days either, but there is really absolutely no way I can deal with that for the time being. Equipment, that never ending bitch. I love to get new equipment. I don't buy much for myself in the way of material items, but there is so much that must be acquired in way of equipment. It never ends. Consume. Consume. At least lately I feel like I've been patient and made some good decisions. It would be nice to not have so much financial stress in life, but I guess I don't really know what could make life best. Gotta keep in mind at all times, that this is the best it gets, no one has it easier no one enjoys it more.
After the show we all went out for Mexican food. It was fun. I felt good. Gotta keep in mind.

More to come... I will do the new York bit.

No comments: