Monday, April 03, 2006

April

April seems good. Things have started out well.

Saturday was adventuresome and a bit stressful at times. The adventures are worth noting.

Early in the morning I took Amy on a drive to have a look at the house which plays the roll of Fisher and Sons Funeral home in the show Six Feet Under. We had just finished watching the final season, so it was ripe in our brains. It rained softly as we stared. This show has really been good to me. I believe I have expanded my emotional connection to the world around through it. I think I have some small idea now of how much death will hurt me as I live.

Later in the morning we found ourselves way up Canyon drive and in Griffith Park. I was pleased to finally find the location of the bat cave from the original batman Television show. It's a fun and creepy little hole under a hill. I've been just shy of obsessed with seeing it for some long time now.

Saturday night we went out to Canter's, to catch some music in the Kibitz room. It was fun watching older musicians set up and take their jolly time about it. I like to see guys who can play well and don't seem to be in any damn hurry to set up for anyone. It was a relaxing thought.

Sunday was a nice day spent taking photos with Mag, Amy's ex behind the camera. She is a true pro in every sense of the word. In look at the shots after the shoot I was constantly blown away by the sense of them. Really impressive. I was concerned during the process that we were giving her nothing to work with, but the final pictures show that doesn't matter one bit. In the end I'm left wondering at what the world must look like to her.

***
Today, via UPS ground I received a a replacement speaker basket for a 15" 4 OHM Black Widow Speaker. This should complete a new set up for SG, allowing more control of reproduction of our low end. Much work to be done now.
***

Saturday night Marc gave me a sampler which contained a new track from one of my old favorite bands, Placebo. I really enjoyed the track and mentioned the fact to him on Sunday while at brunch. He was kind enough to give me the entire new album in the form of promo disc. It's really quite good. I am really hoping that I'll get a chance to listen to it well stoned and without distraction. Perhaps tonight?

hmm...

No comments: