Monday, May 08, 2006

May Day

Okay May Day.
I just re-read the blog for May of 2005. Some fine things happened to me in may of 2005. Much of Free Alongside Ship was recorded, and the deal to mix/master was hammered out with hoagie hill. That proved to be a good move. I'm still very happy with that. I had a nice talk with Hoagie this sunday, we talked about up and coming projects and other things.
Also in May of last year Amy won our fab trip to Hawaii. That proved to be exceptional also. In a related note to that trip and may of 2005 is the song Idiot Light. Someone commented last night about how the song was sounding really good live now, which prompted me to remember that Amy wrote the words and melody for the tune on the balcony of our free Hawaii hotel room. That was grand. In reading through the blog posts about rehearsals in may of last year there was an item that mentioned our having started to jam on a new little pattern that we had forgotten. That pattern is what became the verse of Idiot Light. All tied in ain't it.

Speaking of the show this saturday night at the Cat Club, it was good. Strangely good and fun to play. The Cat Club has really improved in all ways. The sound was nice and I actually find I really enjoy playing through their backline amp now. We had good people in the crowd and they gave nice feedback which just really made for a fine feeling.

I've been away a while and somethings have now gone un-noted, such as the new york trip, which I may post the first part of in it's draft form and then pick up from there in much less detail as a Pt 2.

Tour is coming up fast. Wowza.

Our Apartment looks like downtown Baghdad.

No comments: