Thursday, April 06, 2006

Out in Jail


Carrie had a court date yesterday, she had very big hopes of walking free afterwards. I've not heard a peep out of her. She could be free, maybe she isn't. In writing this I just realized she had asked me to send her my phone number, which I forgot to do. I am an asshole. I will try and stick it in the mail.

No one ever thinks the little girl with bows on her head will do time.

I've known Carrie for almost four years. If I didn't know any better I'd say it's been 8 to 10. Carrie is an absolute individual. She has the ability to be completely fearless. These traits in her are admirable and exemplary. In addition to good human stock, she has invested talents in skills which would daunt the casual learner. Honestly, the complete package for great person is here and whole. I'm better for knowing her and I think anyone else would be to.

I meant to go into my early friendship with Carrie, a sort of how we came to be pals story, but that story isn't coming out. Instead this is coming out, a sort of "why I'm still around" type of piece. I miss my friend, and hope she is free. I'm scared for my friend. It's going to be a hard road to anywhere from where she is.

I'll be honest, I'm scared for myself too. I'm not sure I'm capable of riding, driving or walking down that road right now.

Good Luck Carrie, Self contained ball of fun. Not Rude, Justified.

No comments: