Friday, March 31, 2006

Again with the gathering wind

I feel the electric today. I am actually almost ashamed. Certainly I feel nuts or nutty. More of this business with our band is picking up and my reactions are all over the global topographic map.

I am eating much better right now. Or at least I am considerate of what I am eating. I feel better too.

Financially things are not dire at the moment. I am a successful starving artist of sorts. I just read or heard someone talking about that concept... I think it was an old high school friend telling my dad that. It's nice though, there is debt but it's going the way towards the black instead of the way towards the red.

I feel more focused. I still engage in questionable behavior, but on a whole I'm growing up.

Damn. I feel the electric.

I really want to take some time and write something here that makes a lick of sense, but it's really hard to taste with this fresh metal flavor in my mouth. My fingers are traitors. Actually they're patsies... They work for the traitor.

This is the sound of freakout. This the fork with option to breakdown.

There is a quote from a baseball player, I think it was... (fine, I'll look it up)

"When you get to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra*


So that's kind of the rub, all that mass of excited confusion. Overcoming some of those feelings that want to scream at me about not being good enough. I'm just going to take that fork when I get to it. See you guys at the house.








*from wikipedia -Yogiisms are quotations by Yogi Berra, who, besides being a baseball player, was also famous for fracturing the English language in provocative, interesting ways. Similar phrases, spoken by other people, are also sometimes called "Yogiisms".

When you get to a fork in the road, take it.
Berra insists that this is part of some driving directions to his house. In his hometown of Montclair, New Jersey, there is a fork in the road and either way you take, you will get to his house. Some people find this to be a very poignant quotation, thinking it means that when you find a challenge, overcome it.

No comments: