Friday, August 17, 2012

My Brother's Daughter

I went looking for this particular poem in my email because it popped into my head the other day when I posted lost poem number 3.  This was originally intended as a lyric to a song from a solo album that never got past the lyrical stage. This was an ode to my brother Devin, and perhaps I was trying a little to hard to be modern, but at the time I suppose everything did feel pretty new and modern and cutting edge. In retrospect this was a personal type of cutting edge, many other people had come to the mountain before me.



under the influence, my drag sibling,
tearing apart the farmer in me,
i have no perspective, my frame of reference
for ever enlarged and drastically different,
my thank you is admittance,
that you are in your own way cool,
i can tell the difference

much more brother sister
my bigger baby sitter,
i can tell the difference

i am my brothers daughter
thourough through and modern
like a jigsaw dress up doll
missing all my pieces
i am my brothers daughter
taught to be a bother
a blow up tranny elvis
lesson one in selfish

video of kid-hood
pop goes the culture
imagined,
replayed on tv,
these un-necessary brodcast,
fussing up the way i think,
unrealing expectations,
so i know the world owes me,
and i if i could only concentrate,
my eyeline lines could be drawn straight,
help me brother, why these shaking hands of ours?

No comments: