Friday, August 17, 2012

One Sided Saga Pt. 1

I'm reading through my old email inbox for things to archive here.  It's easier today than writing something new and I find these historically a bit interesting, to me.

This email is one I sent to a girl I met at a bar one night in Kansas City.

11/21/01
megan....
well, lets begin with a little reminder. it was fairly tame night at tanners. you and your friend sarah sat at the far left end of the bar. drinking, laughing and general appearing to need nothing from the other patrons of the bar.
all the while i sat with my friends, telling each other the same stories we tell each other every other weekend(or was it really a week night? yes, a monday come to think of it.). our conversation drags on, and i become aware of the two of you. so i observe, and wait till the medicine takes. it doesn't take long.
when i approached you and your companion, i did not do so with some half developed plan to take you both home, i did so just for a little conversation. which your were both kind enough to provide, and exceed expectation by being pleasantly interesting. infact i was shocked to find out you sing. odd as it may seem i don't meet alot of people that use the creative portion of their brain. so to get a cheesy compliment aside, i was impressed.
if your having trouble with recollection, my name is brandon, blonde hair + glasses? hope you remember. if not, i can assure you i said wonderful and exciting things. (careful, sarcasm doesn't show up in email)
so how's that for an introduction? ramble enough for you?
if you choose to respond to this, please let me know how your singing wit da band is going. gigging anytime soon?
if your board and in need of a laugh you can check out my own meager contribution to the music world at: http://www.mp3.com/snos
os kays... not wishing to intrude unwelcome like in your life, brandon
many good returns.

No comments: