Monday, January 04, 2010

A Look back at 2009

Late in January of last year I made a list of things to do. I also swore I would get a new tooth brush every month.

I did not use twelve tooth brushes last year. I would guess I used six.

Here was the list from last year:

Without further ado, things to be done in 2009

1. Move to a new apartment with Angela and only Angela
2. set up all my guitars and get them in tip top shape
3. Record a Solo Album
4. Continue to run and exercise regularly
5. Start a fun dance project
6. Learn more about chess and play with other people
7. Stay in book club
8. Explore more of Los Angeles and the surrounding areas
9. Finish my novella
10. Forgive more and love better.


1. Yes! I moved to a new apartment with Angela and Only Angela, and way sooner than I thought I would. Within a month after writing that post we were settling into our new home. Our apartment is fantastic to me. It is the first place that has felt like a home that I have lived in since leaving my parents house. Most of my other places resembled den's of ill repute.

2. I did not set up all of my guitars. I did however get them a brand new stand and I have them all lined up and out of their cases. Some could use a set up and a tweak, I hope to get to it this year. One day I'd love to pay someone to do this task for me.

3. Record a solo album. Well, i have recorded bits and pieces here and I'm assembling a large S no S project which will include a new album. I suppose I didn't see this goal all the way through yet, but I made positive steps.

4. I suppose I did exercise regularly last year, but towards the end of the year I let up a bit more than I would have liked. In the coming year I will improve. I don't believe I will even list this on my new list, but I may modify a fitness goal. Exercise is once again a way of life for me and I feel confident that it will continue to be so.

5. I didn't exactly start a fun dance project. There are irons in the fire though and we will see where they lead.

6. I learned more about Chess and taught Angela to play. I taught her to well though and she beat me a couple of times.

7. Stay in book club. I am reading "A Fraction of the Whole" for book club this month.

8. I have explored more of Los Angeles, and I will continue to explore.

9. Finish my Novella. I have not finished my novella. I worked on it more.

10. I have forgiven and loved but who's to say it was more and better, only the best I could do at the time I was doing it.

No comments: