Friday, January 15, 2010

Easily More Than You'd Ever Need

Lushing (Ronnie and Brandon barely live) by S no S

Hello and good morning. I'm feeling good today, I had been a bit frustrated the past couple days. I hadn't felt like I was getting anything done on any of my projects and work has been a big pain in my ass. I'm better today though and I feel like I can keep my momentum going through the weekend and perhaps make meaningful progress on things. I realize that it's childish to let my own problems add up on me while there are massive calamities and catastrophes going on all over the world. I feel for Haiti and those effected by war, unemployment and hunger.

I'm posting a track my uncle and I once recorded along with this blog because I'm trying to spark myself to finish the S no S "Ends" project. Feedback helps my motivation, so by all means comment. The track above was recorded in Big Sound Studios in Hays, KS. I was playing guitar and singing and Ronnie joined me on the mandolin. I had originally thought it would be part of the Albino Elephant album but now I have started to majorly revamp that disc and I'm not so sure it fits. It will be included in the final release most likely as some form of a bonus.
When I get down on myself I need to remember how much work I've already put into this project, and that finishing it would make me feel very accomplished. There is a lot to be done, including finishing the companion book, and then re-writing it. It can and will be done. To be able to make it real and feel like it is safe and that the work I've done will be safe and accessible is a feeling worth pursuit.

Last night Angela, Chris and I went to the artwalk downtown. Since the last time we went the Artwalk has now really taken off. It was incredibly crowded last night and there was a lot more going on. I'm proud of that event and the people who worked so tirelessly to make it happen. They have really accomplished something.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Your project is coming along, you will definitely get finished and be happy with the results. I liked the version of Lushing.