Thursday, January 07, 2010

Fit

I am taking number one on my list of of things to do in 2010 pretty serious, and since the year is already seven days old I think it's safe to say that I will continue. I am always surprised by the way in which my mind and it's governing desires function, it's so easy for me to eat an absurd amount of cake or chocolate, but once I have decided that I want to feel better and look nice it's like a gate slams down between my hand and my mouth. This last until one thing worms it's way in, and then it's very tough to regain my steely composure. For now though I feel great. I am taking very good care of my mind and body. I've decided that a variation in exercise is the theme for my new fitness. To practice this I swam for close to an hour last night; as a result I am extremely sore today in odd places. Tonight I will go for a long run and miss the park and the sunshine.

I was recently given a small supply of medical marijuana. There are two types of mary jane, sativa and indica. Indica is a body high and very relaxing. Sativa is more of a mental high, and rather stimulating. It's been a recent development that in buying weed you can be sure of what you are getting, thanks the dispensaries that now dot this beloved city of mine. In the past I had noticed that different strains would lead me to do different things, in some cases I liked to go for a run or clean out the drawers in the kitchen, but in others I simply preferred to sit on the couch, watch rodeos and cheer for the bull. I have gotten off track, perhaps I smoked some already today. So the strain I was given is 80% Sativa, 20% Indica, and it is oh so nice. I have been indulging in it regularly and I feel pretty good for it. I am getting chores and tasks completed around the house and generally feeling lighter of spirit. Smoke it if you have it and treat yourself well.

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

Is this a blog about fitness or smoking pot, I'm confused...

Devin Tait said...

sometimes they go hand in hand... although the stereotype is that pot makes you lazy and stupid, it is not really the truth for a lot of people who find it motivates them both creatively and physically.