Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Last Atwater Wednesday

On this day of the week next week I will be living in Hollywood. I'm excited. Still much to be done to prepare for the move but it would seem to me we are getting closer.
On Monday Tiger left for burning man. He stopped by my office and left the keys to his truck which was parked in front of his house in Echo Park. I went home after work, ate dinner and then took a 5 minute nap. After the nap I emailed a couple of different people regarding our couch for sale and then double checked the distance to Tiger's house. I decided 5.5 miles was a safe distance to run. I took his keys and headed out the door. I sort of forgot the number of hills that exist between Atwater Village and MacArthur Park. Still it was a beautiful evening and I enjoyed my run through the east side.
Last night we rehearsed with Turbo Sunshine again. Each week we get better at playing together I find. As usually downtown rehearsal was a hot sweaty box. I can't seem to drink enough water to replenish what I lose there. I don't care about the heat though, it's nice to play music with friends.
Tonight I will try and sell the couch and make my first effort to rid the patio of all the unwanted material. I was looking at the patio last night. We haven't really used it much, since it felt like being in a fish bowl, but it was always a beautiful diorama to look out on at night with the lights going and the fountain in full swing.

No comments: