Monday, August 29, 2011

Candles on a Cake

Friday ended a long week at work. I left work and called Ma and Pa as I almost always do. We got caught up on this that and the other things while I drove over to our new apartment building to pay the prorated rent for September. It was nice to see that my new commute will take just about the same amount of time as my old one.
It took quite a long time to get home in Friday evening traffic after that drive. By the time my drive was over I was completely over the week. I stopped for a six pack and Angie and I drank it and recuperated from the week. Around midnight we video chatted with a rather kooky Oddie and Amanda, that was fun!
Saturday morning I awoke fairly early by my standards and went to get breakfast. After breakfast I drove over to Tiger's house so I could take him to Van Nuys where he was renting a van for burning man. I spent the rest of the day Saturday packing and doing laundry and cleaning. Around 7:30 pm Angela and I had been in the house long enough so we went to Griffith Park for a walk. It was really fun to talk about all the fun things we have coming up and to get to be in the park at dusk. It sure has been nice living across from such a wonderful resource. I have promised the park that I will still visit often.
Sunday Morning was awesome. It was Angie's birthday. She woke me up around 7am to tell me that fright night 3D was playing in Burbank at 9:45 am and that she wanted to go. I went back to bed until 8:45 and then woke up and dressed. We drove to the movie. Seeing 3D movies is so expensive, but if you go that early they are only 10 bucks and no one else is there. The movie was fun, I liked it as much as the original, which I only saw last year for the first time. Angie who has loved the original forever liked it but not as much as the O.G. version.
After the movie Angie wanted pancakes. We went to Denny's and found out that on your birthday you can get a free grand slam breakfast!
Breakfast over it was back to work for the two of us. I re-arranged all the boxes in the house lining them up along the north wall. This gave us better access to what we had already packed and more space for more packing. I took pictures of our loyal and faithful couch and posted it on Craigslist. I now have two people who desperately wish to buy it. I feel good about letting it go. I think it will make someone else happy and it will save me trying to move it.
In the middle of the afternoon we were out of boxes. I dropped off 3 bags of clothes at "Out of the Closet", a gay friendly thrift store, and then headed out on the hunt. It took me a while but I managed to track down a fair amount of empty cardboard containers.
We worked on the packing and cleaning and throwing away until evening. We then went to a laundry mat in Eagle Rock to deliver a Boom Box to Tiger, who wanted one for burning man. Tiger bought us both a beverage and we drank it in the parking lot talking. After this we were beat. We came home to watch Sunday night TV and call it a night.
Now it's Monday and there are things to be done. I'm so excited for September.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

And lots of things in September to be excited for! Only 6 more days to move-in and 16 more days until Kansas!!