Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First 4

Turbo Rehearsal last night was the most promising. I have been making some changes to the sound setup and it seems to be paying off. The tuesday night routine seems to work well for us. Angela and I have a quick bite to eat after work and then I prepare the items I need for the evenings rehearsal. Then I pack up my guitar and a few other items and we head down to the studio downtown. We arrive around 7 and lock ourselves into our room. Angela sets up her drums while I set up the backing track PA and various amps. I needed to work on a speaker cabinet last night so I set up the backing track so that Angela could practice while I took it apart. This was the first night we attempted to use headphones for her and it seemed to really pay off. She has been focusing on a new song in her lessons so she ran through it 4 or five times. I used some contact cleaner in a few spots on the cabinet and in about 30 seconds all was good.
After all this was completed Devin and Xin Xin arrived and we set up the keyboards. I knew Xin Xin had been having trouble hearing herself in rehearsal, and since she is new to the rock situation I decided I would work out a solution for that. I have been scrounging things up and I've now managed to figure out an amp and Cabinet that work for this purpose. I think it paid off nicely because it allows her to set her own volume level independent of all the other noise we have blasting from our speakers.
After last weeks rehearsal it was decided that we should revamp the way we rehearse and the tracks we use. I made much simpler mixes of all the backing tracks and we decided to just focus on 4 songs.

The 4 songs we chose are
Hey Citizen
I need a Priest
Welcome to the Fallout
Beat for the Broken Hearted

I love these 4 songs. We will stick to these until we feel confident and then we will slowly add in the others.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Who is Xin Xin?