Monday, March 16, 2009

All in a days work

So an upside of being once again without a mode of personal transportation is that I can blog mobile while waiting for rides and trains and things. I currently am sitting in north hollywood waiting for angela to come pick me up. What a sweet girlfriend huh?
The pictures which accompany this post are of my saturday project. My boss asked me to come over and put together a gazebo which she purchased at costco. Easy enough right? Wrong!
Turns out it was no simple wooden gazebo but a chinese metal and lead paint behemoth! Luckily her son in law dave was there to help out. As the day progressed the instructions called for more and more sheets of metal to be screwed by hand into place. Each piece of metal became a little more weight. We grew nervous as the day went on, finally deciding that we should add no more pieces to the roof until the thing was in place and off the ground.
When it came time to add the colums that hold it up I read the instructions which said, this step requires 8 to 10 people. Ruh roh. With a very creative use of milk crates and a wall we were able to hoist it up, it was a bit scary. In the end it makes a 12 by 1e square and stands nearly that high at its peak.
At the end of the day I was beat but proud.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

Cool beans, I guess that means we don't have to figure out how to put the old one we took down, back up again!

Scarlet said...

Maybe u can help us put one up!