Monday, February 04, 2008

The Stained Glass Ceiling

This is the ceiling of the pool table room at satellite studios where we enjoy rehearsing. We've been going there since they opened and have always enjoyed it. Yesterday was no exception, however I did feel a bit of frustration with myself for not remembering many of the new guitar parts I've come up with four the third album. Luckily they are recorded, nothing like listening to your own record to figure out what the hell you are supposed to play. It's still very exciting, we are working on a lot of great new material, but it's becoming clear to me that it will take an effort similar to that which I had to put in when I first joined the band, this time at a higher level. I've been noticing signs though that I'm better at playing now, and up to the challenge. I like to work on what I love.

So the collaboration which I spoke about has been ratified by the other party, Houston Bernard. I'm very much looking forward to working with him. In turn we will be remixing his new single, "I feel Gorgeous". All of this is very promising. Makes me excited, which in turn helps me work.

The show Friday was really fun. I enjoyed the playing the crowd and all 3 other bands. Moscow was a young band of girls and they were actually really fun to watch. They had some very good tunes and their guitar player was pretty grand as well. Our friends Crush have made some leaps forward and their new stuff is pretty rad! Always happy to perform with them.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

Fun to see you!