Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Complications.... or Not

I'm a bit stressed. I need to move money from my account to cover the rent in Amy's account, but my ATM card and ID are still at the bar we played at last Friday! UG! Why do people do such things?

It's raining, it wouldn't be a blog entry if I didn't mention this fact. It's also cold. This is a shot of us winning the first round of the Battle of the Bands at Girl Bar. That makes me at least happy yet stressed. It was such a fun time. In all honesty we won simply from an amazing out pouring of support from really great people who all showed up in full force. I took a simple head count before going on stage and felt fairly confident that we had a near lock on it. Having loyal wonderful people in your life can feel delicious.

I'm crossing my fingers and thinking positive that this momentum can continue. To that end Devin and I have been spending time revamping an email list system for the band. For years it's been just an annoying pain in the ass to run the list from AOL. We've now switched to a new website called Reverbnation, it seems to make much more sense.

Yesterday Amy, Marc and Von traveled to Malibu where Amy cut vocals with an exhausted sleep deprived Hoagie. The report from both Von and Marc was that it went reall very fabulous. I'm super excited to hear that!

This post started out about complications and just sort of got happy. I will drink to that.

No comments: