Monday, August 06, 2007

I Won't Blame You

The title is from a new SG tune called "Hopeless Romantic", a tune which I am attempting to stop listening to. The recording is a rough premix of the song, which is mainly to be used for rehearsal of new parts. I need to stop enjoying it so much so that I can maintain some level of objectivity.

Saturday Amy went down to long beach to work a children's party with our good friend Ginny, she needed the extra scratch and Ginny needed the help.
While Amy played bingo with children I watched a great documentary on Charles Bukowski, called "Born Into This". It was inspiring. Makes me want to read through his body of work just as soon as Buck can.
Later that day I went to the store, I purchased the Sun Tea jug pictured above. I've kind of decided to swear off other soft drinks. We'll see how this goes. Doesn't the beginning of the tea here appear appealing?
I then did laundry, which Henry found to suit his needs of a nice place to rest for the afternoon.
Then I got a call from Devin, apparently an interview with Amy just came out in DOT magazine. Under Celebrity Profile!


Maybe I'll find the text of the article online soon. If so I'll link.

Saturday night we journeyed with Carrie, visiting from San Francisco, to see Bett in her new, temporary digs. What a fab pad! We talked of words and writing and what not well into the night. Bett had been struggling to write a piece about corn for her new book. Apparently after we left she bashed it out. Kudos. We have in mind now to collaborate on a new song called "Lot Lizards", which is supposed to be about truck stop whores. Bett's current work in progress is about the American road and Truckers, so it seems like a match.

It's pretty exciting to get some of the caliber of people we are getting involved in our album. Should all of them come to pass, we will be thrilled and delighted. More on these as they materialize.

Sunday was a lazyier day. Breakfast with Carrie at Barney's. Amy and carrie pictured below. Carrie has to black eyes because she fell off a bike.
you know that joke: "What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?"

"Nothin, you dun told her twice" of course that's not funny at all...

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

I'm excited to hear "Hopeless Romantic" and all of your other new songs. Good luck kicking the soda habit...I am trying, too. Tea is good for you!