Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Lets all say something nice

A roll of humans in systems is often connector. Like extension cords or power strips. Or those little plastic pieces that connect two phone chords. Zip ties. Duct Tape. Glue. Gravity. Centrifugal Force.

I like other people. I went through a long phase of trying to convince myself otherwise. In the end people just won out. I can still work up some pretty good venom for people, and really convince myself that I hate them, or that I wish them harm, and in many cases I'm still capable of inflicting emotional and even physical harm. I have to admit though, that I know those actions are wrong. If you give me a cool head and some honest facts of a being, just being, then I feel like I can find a point of understanding. I may still have extreme disagreements, but I try now to associate those disagreements with the ideas and the actions, and not the person.

I like people, in my life I hope to convey that more, and to help other people like other people. My world is so much better for all the people around.

1 comment:

Scarlet said...

"Human lives are not pieces of string that can be separated out from a knot of others and laid out straight. Families are webs. Impossible to touch one part of it without setting the rest vibrating. Impossible to understand one part w/o having a sense of the whole... "The Thirteenth Tale", Diane Setterfield.