Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Kick Em' in the Cute or Best Friends Forever

This is my desk at work... It's a wonder I ever get anything done. The two beings in the picture, who are not me are Coffey and Buddy. Buddy Is the original Shi Tzu desk dog. He belongs to my boss, and began working here at almost the same time as I did, so We are Total BFF.

It took several months for me to figure out how to make the most of our time together at work. We started by just playing constantly, chasing a ball around the office, which later evolved into Buddy picking up the ball and making me chase him around the office. How fun for him! He would always go in a figure 8 pattern beneath my desk and the book keeper's desk.

Buddy would eventually tire from that activity, and I would finally have an oppourtunity to get some work done, but being BFF we really didn't want to do it seperatly. So Buddy would sit in my lap and sleep while I typed invoices or made made phone calls, but if buddy is near any exposed skin of mine, being my BFF, he has to let me know he loves me by licking me over and over again. Until I have no skin left to lick.

Eventually I started setting him on the coroner of my desk. Which would just make him walk across all my papers, spilling my coffee, soda or water along the way, and getting paw prints on all my documents. It was then I decided to make it more comfortable for him, so as to entice him to stay on the corner of the desk, and not cause a natural disaster all over my work. I did so by making a box top into a bed.

From there on out it's been gravy. Buddy Has slept on my desk for part of every day, and usually he just sleeps, and doesn't even bother me with his intense need to lick my bare hand. He's found that he gets attention from everyone that walks by, everytime they walk by, because he doesn't have to bend down. It just works for all involved.

We've been happy these 4 years like this, and everyone knows their place... until the little brown guy in the pictures at right came along. His name is Coffee, and he's a silly new puppy. We've had to adapt to the new circumstance, because Coffey likes to come to work too, he doesn't want to stay home while all the other dogs come to work, but he also wants to put everything in his mouth, so he must be in a cage or held at all times... Or put in a box on the desk. At first it was crowded, because I tried to put them both in the same box, but now I've added a smaller box, which was meant for Coffey, butbecause they are dogs, and they don't think like us, Buddy decided to take the small box, and Coffey the big one. Even though Coffey is 1/4 Buddy's size. It was tough at first, Coffey wanted to chase my pen or bug Buddy, but in about 2 days time he go the hang of it. I think it's been a big help to have his older brother Buddy show him exactly how to be a desk dog, because he's caught on so fast. They are both fast asleep as I type, it's cute as hell.

2 comments:

Devin Tait said...

It's so depressing here at my work with no desk dogs or office kitties!!!

Scarlet said...

Don't you think Devin needs a dog?