Tuesday, February 20, 2007

rich, complex, undeniable, high resolution, multi-dimensional recording

I was going to note what we accomplished in way of the recording this weekend, but Devin already took the wind out of that sail . I guess I need to get into blogging a bit earlier in the day.
I will though completely echo his sentiments about the work done thus far. the way we are working thus far really has me feeling excited. I'm also pleased to have started with the b-sides to the single first, because we set about working in a direction similar to the process of "Free Alongside Ship", but we soon realized that with a minor change in process, which Devin also referenced in his wonderful little blog, that we could achieve much greater results. In the end I must say that I think we will have a rich, complex, undeniable, high resolution, multi-dimensional recording that will not only give pride and pleasure to the creators, but to the throngs of listeners as well. oh boy!

Tonight is hopefully more SG work as well. The three of us plan to meet at our apartment, where we will be able to bounce ideas for new tunes back and forth, hopefully coming back with some solid outlines of tunes that are at this point hazy oulines at best.

Wednesday we rehearse at Swinghouse studios just down the street from out apartment. It's an exciting place to rehearse because there have been many a famous type to walk those halls day in and day out, but it's not satellite studios by any stretch, I miss rehearsing there.

Thursday Amy and I will have the pleasure of attending an event at the TV academy for the HBO show "the Wire"thanks to Dylan. "The Wire" is my favorite show. I love it and can't get enough. Why is the 4th season not out on DVD yet? I hope to blog about it Friday morning.

No comments: