Monday, February 12, 2007

The Approach

Okay. Here we go... It's Monday morning and I'm already blogging. This is good, usually when I blog on Monday, I tend to blog with a fair amount of frequency throughout the rest of the week, so, as long as you are willing to admit that me blogging is a good thing, then you should be in agreement with me, that it might be a good thing that I'm blogging today. I was inspired to blogging today by my sister, who just last week took the plunge into her own bowl of alphabet soup, and I must say, she is once again being a little show off, what with her fancy drinking games and all her business there at the state capitol. Still, I'm older... oh wait, that is pretty much not a good thing anymore. UG! It was so important when I was 7 and she was 5. Why? Oh why do the tables turn?

Back to the approach. I'm coming up now, finally on 300 posts. And since it's only Monday, I can only guess that I'll actually hit that 300th post this week. This should be an occasion of sorts, even though some of the posts in that 300 could hardly be said to count, like the one sentence number late one evening on my birthday a few years back. I feel though, that it's important to note such achievement. So i will.

We are approaching many projects in SG land. The single, has been a very interesting thing to work on, as it's really seen a good deal more work already then I think anyone really considered, but this is good. I'm finding now with every trip to Sea Monster Sounds that there are huge areas where my abilities lack, but it's nice that I feel that I'm learning in a way that doesn't exclude me from being able to learn these things. Or to say that rather then feel like I'm encountering things I can't do, it's that I'm encountering things that I'm not yet able to do, and that knowing that I can't do them, I can't start now to see how I can learn to do them. Get it? Tricky approach.

Also, though it won't come today, "the approach" does have a photo blog component. Yesterday as Amy and I traveled to Malibu to work on the single, we snapped many road photos, They will soon be compiled and blogged about here. I've been planning to try and document the journey we take to get to Sea Monster Sounds Studio for some time now, because it's been really an interesting aspect of working there, and I enjoy it, so you dear reader will soon be let in on that joy.

Happy Monday. Let's all try to have a good week k?

Post Script: I almost always mis-spell Interesting.

1 comment:

Enneirda said...

Good luck on reaching your 300th! I know you can do it -- in fact, I DEMAND you to do it! :)