Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Wind Wipp


It's a very important day for one person I know today. A certain Carrie should be experiencing a drastic change in personal freedoms today. Maybe not as dramatic or drastic as she would like, but I bet it's a major appreciation situation none the less. So I'm sending out a good thought and happy wish for my friend today. You are still alive and in possession of all your faculties, may luck shine on your future. You've got so many gifts and talents, its up to you to use them for the advancement of the individual and the community. May you sleep well tonight, full of pizza and freedom. I love you. CALL ME!

We watched the movie Key Largo last night, I liked it. I have a thing for Bogie. The ambient storm noise in the background of most the movie had me thinking about several things.

First off I'm trying to think of less obvious but just as persistent ambient soundscapes. I didn't really come up with any that knocked my socks off. I'll keep working on it.

The second thing it had me thinking about was our old farm house. It is really kind of remarkable when you think about the elements and mans stand against them. My family lived in Western Kansas, three miles from a tiny town with no services and nearly 30 miles from any real civilization. When I think about the winters in Western Kansas it makes me marvel at the thought of the five of us cozy inside a little house, where outside the wind whips snow around, in temperature that could make life very unliveable.
I remember sticking my nose up against the glass of the windows and feeling the cold from the outside. Melting the frost that would form on the otherside with the heat of my breath. The is some feeling of comfort that is achieved in existing in a small friendly ecosystem inside a much larger, unfriendly system.
I dunno... Just things I was thinking about.

2 comments:

downtown said...

Thanks for the bloggy blog celebrating my freedom! And thanks for staying with me as I stumbled through our phone convo. I'm out of practice. You help warm me up. Awwww. Don't ever change.

Devin Tait said...

Two Cheers for Downtown!!! Hip Hip Hurray!