Monday, October 30, 2006

Addams Family & Scritti Politti

Friday night we had an Addams Family party at the palms to commemorate the release of the first season of the original series on DVD. I got to hand it to Devin for belief before doubt on this one. I ended up with the impression that everyone in our band and our friend group kind of buggered out on the event, thinking in the negative before jumping headlong into it, but ney, not Devin, he's of different metal and he soldiered on. In the end it was totally worthi while and super fun. I am glad he pushed and prodded where he needed to in order to get folks to co-operate. We ended up all dressed (some of us to a minimal degree) as Addams Family characters, playing a fun show to some new faces and some old.
This was the first time I got to use my brand new amp, which I've decided I'll call Lilly, for reasons of tribute to a certain older and ailing dog I know. The amp was really very nice. The palms power is very dirty and has always made my amps buzz, which annoyes me but I got over it. I had a bit of a problem dialing in the sound I was looking for, and it didn't help that about 7 other pieces of equipment were failing, all requiring my attention. I did have some moments of sublime enjoyment, particularly when I hit the bridge pick up during "mondo di corpo", there was definatly something there.
I look forward to taking some time and really feeling out what can be done. At right you will see silly me with said amp name sake. Don't cha love her madly?

Saturday Amy and I spent quality time with our friend Angie, it was good time.

Sunday Devin had invited us to go see Scritti Politti at the Roxy. I wasn't really very familiar with them at all, and I was rather tired and cranky to start the evening, but by the end of the set I was so very glad to have gone. The evening took a super turn when the woman running the "will call" counter recognized marc's voice and gave us all VIP bands, this allowed us access to a table stage side that would have otherwise cost us $150 bucks in beer and food costs. I really enjoyed the quality of musician ship and song craft. Apparently this was their first ever north american show. WOWZA!

1 comment:

Devin Tait said...

I'm always right about everything!!!!